Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My BLACK is BEAUTIFUL...

I'm not sure if you guys saw it but Tyra Banks had a couple days [may have been a week] on her show where she showcased her "BLACK"..or hair! the shows were talking about why and how black women try to deny their hair and the texture of it:: && it kept talking about "good hair & bad hair"--I have been guilty of labeling some hair good & some bad but it was all in the way it was styled...No hair is better than the other, I just think some is more taking care of than others...My hair is a MAJOR factor in my presentation & if its NOT done then I feel insecure about the way I look & the way I'm being perceived... I think that us as black women tend to think it is more manageable if we get a relaxer--not to make us unaware or our roots or "roots"...well I am a victim or getting a relaxer--but it wasnt by choice..I got my first relaxer at age 6 by my aunt and my mom was FURIOUS..but ever since then I was getting them..then at age 9 or 10 she went back to me getting my hair straightened.. but it never lasted long [because of playing outside, cheering, & softball..] so she went back to the relaxers :-( After that I couldnt stand NOT having a perm, everytime I felt my roots and felt "new growth" I was DEMANDING a visit to the hair salon---but July of 2008 was my last perm && now I am OH NAT-U-RALLLL!! && i LOVE it..I think that chemicals take away the natural oils & texture of our hair, not that EVERYONE has the same texture but i DEF notice a change in my hair. I just recently cut my ends [the last remaining pieces of perm..] my hair is SHORT now, but i can deal with it..i know it was for the better and it'll grow back! :-/

HERE IS MY HAIR CUTTT :-/
BEFORE [AND] AFTER::
IT'LL GROW ON ME, RIGHT?

--xoxo Tash!




1 comment:

  1. i personally like the dark hair..its a "mysterious" type pretty

    but the one above is pretty too

    idk lol..black has always been pretty to me especially for female hair color

    but i like the look doe! :)

    [kt]

    ReplyDelete